Depending on where you live (and when the school year begins), you’re either headed into the home stretch of summer or you’ve still got weeks of lemonade and swimsuits ahead of you. (Or if you’re a reader in the southern hemisphere, you’ve got the whole season to look forward to.)
We’ve taken things a bit slower this month at The Art of Simple. And before we shift back to our regular routine in the coming weeks, we wanted to share some of our favorite summer posts from our archives. Pour yourself a sweet tea, find your nearest hammock, and settle in for some summer reading.
- How to have a chill-but-orderly summer with kids
- Some encouragement to try your hand at homemade ice cream (plus a recipe for chocolate peanut butter!)
- Or how about lavender vanilla or blueberry honey ice cream?
- Make your own summer picnic crate
- Summer is often a time of neighborhood parties and city celebrations. Here are 10 ideas for connecting with your community in this season. (There’s still time!)
- Considering family camp for this summer or next? Here are 7 tips that will help you find the right experience for your crew.
- Advice for returning to ordinary life after a vacation
- It’s possible to slow down summer.
- Use a quirky travel app to make road trips more interesting.
- If you’re digging into a creative project right now, here’s how to find inspiration.
- Sending a kid to college in a few weeks? Thoughts from a writer who’s been in your shoes. Plus, a college checklist for parents.
- Caught up on the Simple podcast? Grab your earbuds and check out Tsh’s series from last year: “Grown-Upping the Summer.”